Sunday 3 October 2010

Roasted Chesnuts

Me and my friend Casey went to a National Trust garden today with our families and we found a chestnut tree. So I filled my pockets full of chestnuts and planned to roast them. In fact I was quite excited about it. This is the recipe that I used, so that you can enjoy them too... they taste amazing!



Photo from: http://www.aurorasignaturecandlelamp.com/scentselect.htm

 1. Find some chestnuts, I found them fallen from a chestnut tree but you can probably find them in your local supermarket or maybe in health shops.

2. Wash the chestnuts, but leave them wet.

3. Cut a cross into each chestnut and place them on a baking tray.

4. Put them in the oven at 200c or gas mark 6 for 20-30 minutes. You know when they are cooked because the skin around the cross will peel and the middle of the chestnut will be soft. 

I really enjoyed these and can't wait to make them again. They made me feel really christmasy. My advise is to watch a good christmasy film ( my choice would be The Holiday or Love Actually) , get your best friend round, and roast some chestnuts. Maybe even add a good hot chocolate with mini marshmallows. (works better when raining out side :) Thats what me and Hannah are going to be doing next time it rains. Remember only 83 days till christmas :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment